Robin Stevenson came to speak with the red team on Friday, January 22nd. She talked about her writing process and gave some examples of where she gets the ideas for her books. She kept her audience engaged with personal anecdotes and stories. She then held writing workshop for approximately 30 students. Robin guided these students through a writing activity. It was amazing to see such eager and talented student writers. We hope she will be able to come back and visit next year.
Here is what one student had to say....
Robin Stevenson’s presentation for the grade eights was definitely a presentation I enjoyed. She did a great job of communicating and connecting with us teenagers and that is never an easy job. As a teenager myself, I find it hard to pay attention let alone enjoy an hour or so of sitting still. But I think I speak for many people when I say that the way she spoke of her books and explained to us the process of a first draft, left us wanting to know more information. All of us kids liked it when she would let us contribute our thoughts and ideas to plotting a story. Robin Stevenson’s books have a great wording and awesome stories that get you hooked instantly. To be able to interact with the author of those stories was actually quite an honour. I hope that she will come back to Lansdowne sometime and give the next set of grade eights the same experience that we got to have, and I hope that they enjoy it as much as we did.
Carly H. from Advisory 84
Friday, January 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment